Outer Banks Outing next Saturday, February 20th
Eastern Carolina Members,
February Outing to Outer Banks next Saturday, February 20th
This outing will consist of 3 different photo opportunities and meet ups. Please feel to attend as many as you like. We will be meeting for dinner in between the sunset photography at Avalon Pier
and the full moon/night photography at Bodie Island. If you would like to stay over, there are many different hotels offering winter rates. There is no designated hotel for this outing.
• Leader: Elaine
• Pea Island NWR, NC Hwy 12, Hatteras Island
• Meet: 2:00 pm @ Visitor Center
• Avalon Pier Sunset Long Exposure Photography
• 2111 N Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
• Meet: 4:30 pm @ Pier for Sunset: 5:48 pm
Dinner: 7:30 The Dunes at 7013 S. Croatan Hwy.
• Full Moon Photography at Bodie Island Lighthouse at 9 pm
• 8210 Bodie Island Lighthouse Road, Nags Head, NC
• Moonrise: 4:08 pm (Waxing Gibbous) - Full Moon will be 2/22/16
March Outing - Lightroom Overview and Photoshop Workshop at Lenoir Community College
• Leader: Kelly/Elaine
• Date: March 5
Cost: $20 - $25
• Time: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
• College address: 231 Hwy 58 South, Kinston (Building 6, Business Technologies Building, Room 125)
When members preregister/prepay, the course coordinator will mail them a map and parking pass.
Equipment: SD card and/or flash drive with images. Images can also be downloaded from cloud storage.
Sign up: Online registration is preferred. We will email the link to the website for registration once it is available.
Payment: Payment is required upon registration to ensure a seat, but payment can be made on March 5 if necessary. Maximum 16 students since this is hands-on training.
To register for this workshop please visit Lenoir Community College’s website and search for the event by date.
Link to website registration: http://www.lenoircc.edu/ce/cepdc/
April Outing to Murrel's Inlet, South Carolina
• Leader: Elaine/Nicole/Jackie
• Date: April 1/2/3
• Location: Murrel’s Inlet, South Carolina
• Drive Time: 3 hours 33 minutes from Greenville
• Hotel Accomodations: Hampton Inn
• Friday Night: Dinner at 7 pm Local Seafood Resturaunt
• Saturday: Brookgreen Gardens
• Saturday Night: 7 pm casual dinner
• Sunday Huntington Beach State Park
Saturday Brookgreen Gardens
• Adults 13-64: $15
Seniors 65 and over: $13
• Open daily from 9:30 a.m.- 5 p.m
• 9,100-acre property with seasonal gardens, water gardens, butterfly gardens, and small zoo
• Restaurant on site, Gift Shop, Facilities
• Photo Opportunities: Landscapes, macro, wildlife, ect.
Sunday Huntington Beach State Park
• Admission : $5/adult; $3.25/ S.C. Senior;
• Hours are 6 a.m. - 8 p.m
• The 2500 acres of Huntington Beach State Park hold a variety of photographic opportunities
• Visitors Center, Beach, Historic Home, Causeway, Marsh Walk, Tidal Area
• Alligators, variety of birds including possibly Roseate Spoonbills and Wood Storks
• Photo Opportunities: Landscapes, Macro, Seascapes, Beach, Marsh, Animal, Birds,
• Hampton Inn, Murrel’s Inlet, South Carolina
• We would be pleased to offer a rate of $129 per night plus 11% tax.
• This rate would apply to our standard room types with either 1 king size or 2 queen size beds.
• Free Hot Breakfast, served every morning from 6am to 10am.
512 Courtfield Drive
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Office: +1 (843) 651-6687
We have your block set up and ready to book.
Your cutoff date will be March 17, 2016. Any rooms that have not been booked by individual guests will be released from the block on this date.
Guests may book by calling the property directly and letting the agent who answers know that they wish to book with the Carolina Nature Photographers group. For guests who wish to book online, they may do so by going to www.murrellsinlet.hamptoninn.com and entering group code CNP.