CNPA - Home
Membership | Regions | Galleries | Calendar | Events | Magazine

Go Back   CNPA Forums > Regional Forums > South Carolina - Midlands
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2011, 02:28 PM

Default Schedule of events for rest of 2011

Hi all, here is a reminder of the rest of the year 2011 activities for the Midlands Region:
1. We have a Regional Meeting on Friday October 7th. It will begin at 7 PM and be held in our usual location - the first floor conference room of the Palmetto Health Children's Hospital in Columbia. Our speaker will be Tom Austin speaking on "Hummingbird Photography" We will also show a brief presentation on the regions recent trip to Cades Cove (very ably led by David Hartfield) and then have an image critique. Not sure how many images we will get to view, but please bring 2 images: one that is GREAT and one that you think needs some work. Images should be no greater then 1500 on longest side.

2 October Regional Outing : Here is Skeet Bibers recent message to the region:

I will be leading a day trip to Swan Lake on October 15 and ask those interested to contact me
by email at skeetbcd@yahoo.com and let me know how many will be with you.
When Elaine and I were there 2 years ago, we were pleased to find the trees in good color contrasting
the the black pond water and accenting the ducks and swans there.
Times and directions to follow shortly. I believe the gates open at 9 am but need to check.

Skeet Biber

3. Special November meeting to be held in our usual Children's Hospital location on Friday November 4th at 7PM. Mr. John Cely (from the Congaree Land Trust) will discuss the new Cowasee Basin book that is in the works. We will show the images that will potentially be part of that book.

4. November outing to Botany Bay on Saturday November 5th. This trip will be led by David Hartfield. There will more details sent out very soon and there will be a maximum of 10 attendees for this outing so register early if your interested. This trip filled VERY quickly when last done.

5. Our Annual Holiday Regional Meeting will be held at the Grecian Gardens on Friday December 2nd. - we have had our Holiday meetings there before and have always had a great time. There will be more information on that as well in the near future. Do begin to look for two examples of your best work to show in our Holiday Contest - images to be shown at the December meeting. (images should be no greater then 1500 on longest side.)

Get ready for cool weather! Yea Don Wuori Midlands Region CNPA Co Coordinator